Friday, May 16, 2008

Boston Professional Sports

Okay, I'll give my take on the current state of Boston professional sports. Normally, I wouldn't comment on such matters, but so many seem to want to know what I think on this subject. That in itself is a crazy thing. Here we go.

Red Sox: Strong brand and competitive team. However, nothing will be likely to top the 2004 Yankee playoff series. Everything else is in second place. The season is long. The whittling down into September is interesting and the playoffs are fun. Who will have uninjured pitching when it counts? Still, we've seen the high point.

Celtics: Just shows you how a defensive effort in the regular season can influence winning percentage in the NBA. Most teams can only manage a dozen minutes of real defensive effort in a game. All of a sudden, the expectations are high. The team is probably as solid as the record indicates, and it's interesting to watch. It would be great to see a championship. Once again, the old days seem to look good. I feel old - maybe that's it?

Patriots: Too much said already. Management and coaching appear to be the major factors. Oh - and luck is a good thing too. I don't care who filmed who. Senator Spector should work on something else - really.

Revolution: Who cares? Not me. I maintain that if we can just eliminate offsides, the game will flourish in the USA. Think about it.

So that's my quick spew on this subject. Why my opinion matters, I have no idea. To the many of you who begged me to say something... There you go.

No comments: