Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Just One Glass of Wine

Maybe it's because I was never a drinker. I've never really had much desire. I would catch a buzz a couple of times a year, if the situation crept up on me. If I did drink, I would usually have a terrific time for the first half hour or so, but soon after I'd start to feel kind of lousy. I guess I would drink too fast or maybe I have low tolerance (as they say). Hey it's just the way it seemed to happen. I'd find myself saying I wish I hadn't. As a result, I've stayed almost totally away.

Recently I've discovered what a single glass of wine does to me. Just one glass, not two. A glass just before, during or after dinner is pretty darn good. I nurse it, let myself taste it and make it last a while. I definitely feel something, but I like the depth of the effect. I can still think and function, but I'm "chilled out", the edge is off.

Maybe I'll work my way up to a needing a couple of glasses to achieve the same results. Perhaps that's the beginning of a bad idea. Hmmm... I think I would like to see how long I can savor a single glass. Yup - just one glass of wine.

Some people will say, "What are you some kind of wussy?"

I don't know what I am - - - cheers!

No comments: