Saturday, January 19, 2008

Aha! To the Masters it is...

I had my car's oil changed today. Quick-lube type event. In the waiting room, I flipped open an article in a golf magazine. The article described the turn and the feeling of loading under control. Keep your belt buckle square to the ball for as long as possible. Feel the take-away tension pulling your center off the ball. This sensation indicates that you've loaded properly. You don't want to let your turn move you much beyond that point. If you stay in touch with this feeling, you can encourage control of your club head and still load the energy you need. The belt buckle and club head hit the ball and then go down the target line. Larger - more aggressive moves off the ball may add slightly more club head speed, but you put a lot of pressure on balance, tempo and timing. Prevent yourself from reaching for too much and your timing will be better.

That's it! I'm saved. Okay - now what?

What's the course record here? Maybe I should find Mac O'Grady again, guru-up my game and find my way to Q-school? No, first I'll win several significant amateur events, and then I'll turn pro. No, first I'll turn pro, and then I'll get a condo in Florida and dominate the mini-tours. No, not the mini-tours. I'll skip all that and qualify for the US Open. I'll have to go through local qualifying, but so what. If I win the US Open, I think the prize money is close to $2,000,000. That would help. Oh - and then there's Augusta... The Masters. Sweet! Boy, this is exciting.

Perhaps I'm getting a little ahead of myself here. I think I'll back up just a hair. I'll invest $8 in a large bucket, and take this idea to the heated driving range in the morning. You can't really see where the ball lands because of all the snow, but I should still be able to feel the Masters fever building.
Sweet!

No comments: