Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oh Henry

I'm speaking with a high voice now - since taking that 3-wood to the satchel a few days ago. Today of course, just for good measure - the markets took a Hillerich & Bradsby - Louisville Slugger, Henry Aaron model (34 inch, 33 ounce, with a natural finish, and thankfully no pine tar) and jammed it up my previously one way street. No it was not good in any way. It was not - oh no.

My clever asset allocation strategies aimed at protecting me from great swings, didn't prevent the 3-wood to the nuts or Hank's visit to my colon. The tide is out my friends. The tide is out.

I'll go now and reread a book about how random things actually are (Nassim Taleb).
Then to conteract the feeling of uselessness, I'll keep repeating "Regression to the mean - Regression to the mean".
Then I'll sell some stuff on Ebay.
Then maybe I'll chant, "Oh Great and Powerful Oprah! Please rally this economy, these markets, the US dollar, and subsequently all my stuff".

I digress...

No comments: