Sunday, March 30, 2008

That Tree House

I had most every Friday off, and if I didn't I tried to get away early. I worked almost every Saturday and Sunday, so the Friday time was sweet. Right around 1992 or so I spent a bunch of Fridays building this tree house. This picture was taken before I (we) painted it white with green trim. Those chairs were tiny little kid's chairs. Once we found a bees nest in there. I got rid of it, but the girls were convinced they'd be back. I had to prove to them that the bees were gone. It wasn't up very high and it had a set of stairs in the back that weren't difficult to get up and down. The kids were only 4 and 7 years old. I don't own that property any more. I sold it in 1996 and moved away. However, it's still there. It's possible that this is the best thing there ever was.

No comments: