Monday, March 24, 2008

A Theater?

He built a theater on the seacoast. Of all the things he could have done, he built a theater. It was built with musicians in mind, but comedians love it. It has a deep enough stage area so that plays and other types of performances can work too.

He books some kind of attraction on three or four nights a week. He also has an open-mic night once a month. He rents the facility for meetings and other commercial-type events - it's an awesome way to do a presentation.

The facility cost him about a million dollars.

"It's more of a pain in the ass than I thought it would be. I had the idea that it would be like having a few hunderd people over to the house to enjoy some art. It hasn't been working that way. I struggle to sell enough tickets to pay the artist. It pretty much is a bust. I've had some fun, but if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't. I tried to sell it, but it makes no sense. Hey - wanna buy a business that blows money? Ahhh... naa. Oh well."

There you have it.

No comments: